Tegemist on laheda konverentsiga, kust sa puududa ei tahaks. Kahjuks minu finantsilised võimalused sinna minna puuduvad, kuid see ei tähenda et sina sinna minna ei saaks. Lisan allpoole, kokkuvõtte sellest.
Experience a New Kind of Conference!
Eyes on User Experience – Beyond Usability, Exploring Enjoyment
November 11-12th 2009,
Academill, Åbo Akademi University, Vaasa, Finland
Registration is open! ( http://www.mediacity.fi/uxregistration )
Check out the conference website for exciting updates ( http://www.mediacity.fi/eyesonux )
Pre-Conference Content to explore or contribute to ( http://eyesonux.ning.com )
- Dr. Jeffrey Cole, Research Professor and Director of the newly formed Center for the Digital Future at the USC Annenberg School for Communication. More info
- Dr. Nicky Smyth, senior research manager for the BBC’s user experience department in research and development. Participate is one of her research projects, in which she investigates how we can create a seamless experience between web, mobile, public screens and IPTV.
- Dr. Ellen J. Helsper is a Lecturer at the Media and Communications Department of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). She investigates Internet users. You can read more about her research interests in her LSE bio.
- Dr. Virpi Roto, Principal Scientist at Nokia Research
- Dr. Marc Hassenzahl, Professor of Ergonomics in Industrial Design at Folkwang University, Research Manager at MediaCity
We are presently living in exciting times, with a multitude of sources for entertainment, consumption, experiences, and spectacular stories. The 21st century has been labeled as an experience economy with a seemingly thriving, hot market, showing growth in both supply and demand of the goods in question: experiences. Eyes on UX draws the attention to one aspect of these activities in particular, namely the user experience of media – content, design, marketing and branding as well as technology.
The conference Eyes on User Experience is no ordinary conference. It is a hybrid between a creative brainstorm, intensive networking, entertainment, and a regular conference. Eyes on UX provides opportunities to exchange ideas, find exactly the people you will benefit from networking with, and at the same time give you a stimulating experience in terms of conference content, innovative features, and an entertaining environment. We see user experience (UX) as being dependent on human needs. Therefore, the format of Eyes on UX is concentrating on three specific needs, which we see relevant for participating in a conference: stimulation, relatedness, and competence. Conference activities aim at enhancing and facilitating these three dimensions.
Eight Case Presenters:
Eight Case Presenters will explore cross disciplinary pioneering research mixed with state of the art case-presentations from the industry. Rolfe Swinton, Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD, Director, Co-Founder at Apollo Mobile, Co-Owner, Director at Sveng.com Interactive, Director at Apollo Media. David Guralnick, Adjunct Professor at Columbia University Teachers College, President at Kaleidoscope Learning. Giulio Jacucci, Affiliate Processor (docent) in Ubiquitous Interaction Technologies in the Area of User-Centred Design at Helsinki Institute for Information Technology. Mikael Östling, Owner, Director at the web agency Mios. Simon Staffans, cross media content developer at MediaCity. Jonas Forth, Planning Officer (iDTV Lab) and, assisting cross media content developer at MediaCity
Become a fan of MediaCity on Facebook! ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/MediaCity/149015779497 ) Spread the news about the conference!